Government Changes to Medicare
MyMedicare is a voluntary patient registration model.
MyMedicare aims to formalise the relationship between patients, their general practice, general practitioner (GP) and primary care teams.
MyMedicare patients and their usual GP and practice will have access to new benefits to help deliver more of the care patients need, improving health outcomes.
Benefits for patients:
- Greater continuity of care with your registered practice, improving health outcomes.
- Longer Medicare Benefit Scheme (MBS) funded telehealth consultations with your GP. Now our pensioners/concession card holders will be able to book a Bulk Billed longer Telephone consult with their doctors. No need to travel to the practice for your consults unless aqdvised by yor doctor.
- Triple bulk billing incentive for longer MBS consultations for children under 16, pensioners, and concession card holders, from 1 November 2023 – Your doctor is likely to be able to continue providing clinical care without charging a gap fee.
- More regular visits from your GP and better care planning for people living in a residential aged care home, from August 2024.
- Connections to more appropriate care in general practice for people who visit hospital frequently, from mid-2024
Continuity of Care – What is it?
Research has shown that patients have better health outcomes if they attend the same Practice for all their health care. This allows your GP and your health team to get to know you and have all your medical information documented in your clinical notes. When your GP is away, we recommend that you see another GP at the same practice as your record will be available and your usual GP will have the notes from your visit.
Registering is Quick and Easy
All you need to do to register for MyMedicare is click on the link below and fill out the Registration Form. It is quick and easy and only takes a minute or two. Make sure you have your Medicare Card or DVA Card handy. On receipt of your form, one of our team members will complete your registration process.