Our Practice provides a high quality primary health care service for the men, women and children of our local community. We offer wholistic medical care focussed on the provision of excellence in the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic illness with an emphasis on preventative health care.
We recognize the value of an ongoing relationship with patients over time and will foster continuity of care. We respect patient’s rights and encourage patient responsibility in the management of their health. We are proactive in response to the specific needs of our patients and aim for optimal outcomes in their contact with the wider health system.
We continue to be involved in the mentoring and teaching of medical & nursing students as well as doctors who are specialising in General Practice to foster excellence in GPs & nurses of the future.
Students of the Health Sciences:
We frequently have university students sitting in with our doctors and nurses. This experience is vital to their training as we prepare them to be great health professionals of the future.
The Practice is open from 8am to 6pm on Monday to Friday and 8.00am to 1.00pm on Saturday. On Wednesdays, we close from 1.00pm to 2.00pm for our Practice meeting. We are closed on Sundays and public holidays.
Home visits during normal hours are available for regular patients of the Practice who live within a 2km radius. For medical care outside of these hours, you may visit the After-Hours Clinic at Hawkesbury Community Health Centre, corner Day & Macquarie Streets, Windsor, phone 4560 5780. For home visits after hours, please call the National Home Doctor Service on 13 7425 (13 SICK).
The majority of consultation are by pre-booked appointment with your primary GP. Every day there are consultation times reserved for urgent matters – if you think you ay need to see a GP please ring as soon as you can. We will endeavour to provide a time with your primary GP, however will offer you a spot with another GP or GP Registrar to ensure your continuity of care. If there are too many concerns to deal with at one appointment, your GP may schedule a second appointment at another time to address these.
- Management of acute illness and chronic disease; preventative health care; health assessments; immunisations; travel medicine; antenatal shared care; minor surgical procedures; contraceptive implants; counselling; ECGs; spirometry; pathology collection.
- Work injury management, pre-employment medicals, and immunisation programs in the workplace.
Programs of health care for men, women, children, young people and those of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage; we are registered for Close the Gap.
- A reminder and recall system for follow-up visits and routine health checks.
- Results of tests your doctor orders will be available at your next appointment or your doctor may make other arrangements such as through Ozdocs Online.
- Our surgery participates in national/state or territory reminder systems/registers, with your consent e.g. Australian Childhood Immunisation register, NSW Cervical Cancer screening register. If you do not wish to be included in these services please advise the doctor or other Practice staff.
- Assistance with communication in case of languages other than English through use of the Translation and Interpreter Service. Use of interpreters for patients who are deaf, using the Auslan Interpreter Service.
- Opportunities for patient feedback via questionnaires, a Suggestions Box and by being responsive to verbal complaints. We welcome your comments and contributions. You may also choose to contact the Health Care Complaints Commission at Locked Bag 18, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012; Phone: 1800 049 153.
For further information about fees please see our brochure “Understanding Your Doctor’s Charges” or ask our receptionists. If you are suffering particular financial hardship please don’t hesitate to discuss the fees with your doctor.
We welcome you to our Practice and hope that you will join us for a long and productive relationship. We are delighted to work with you to achieve the best health outcomes for you and your family.